Thursday, January 2, 2014

Guess What? I had a BABY!

You know you missed me! Well, it was about the beginning of March last year that I started to wonder if I was pregnant, and I was! SO, I put in some effort while I was pregnant and I tried not to gain too much weight. I went from 160.4 to 204. My baby is now 6 weeks old, and I currently weigh 185 (+/- 1/2 a pound). I'll have my official first weigh in next week. My 2014 goal is to lose at least 25 pounds, I think that's totally doable, and it would get me right back to 160. I will also be delighted if I blow that goal and that 25 pounds right out of the water!

I'm already registered for 2 races this year. I'm part of a team of 5 women who will run the Ogden Marathon Relay in May. I'm going to run the first leg- it's 7.1 miles, but if all goes well with my training I may also run the second leg with my friend which will bring me up to 13.1 miles that day. I'm also scheduled to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon again this June. Last June I ran it, I was 16 weeks pregnant and I finished in just under 3 hours. My goal is to be closer to 2:20.

So get ready- Kate is running again. I planned out my training schedule today and I'm excited to start it and I hope and pray that everything goes well.

No comments: