Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This Months Weigh In

I weigh myself more often than once a month, but on the 17th of each month I do my "Monthly Weigh In" And this month has not been the greatest of months.

Last Month- 158.2
This Month- 160.0
______________________
I gained :(         1.8 pounds


Like I said, this month has been hard. I still tracked calories, and I worked out, in fact my workouts have been GREAT this month, I'm feeling really good about them. But I probably could eat less sweet things and more vegetables. I also probably could do better with making sure  my portion sizes are appropriate.

I'm kind of annoyed with my scale. This month I've fluctuated back and forth between 157 and 160 on my scale. I weighed myself at my Mom's house 2 weeks ago and her scale said I was 154, then I came home and the next day my scale told me 160. I went out of town (and ate lots of sweets, it was delightful, I also exercised so I don't feel too bad about going out of town) and yesterday I decided to see what the scale said- to prepare myself for today's weigh in. I had already eaten and dressed and I told myself "your clothes weigh at least a pound". My scale said 154. I was like WHAAAAT? I didn't reweigh myself, because often if I ask the scale if that was right, it will say oops, you really weigh 10 pounds more. So this morning it told me 160.0 and I wasn't too amazingly happy. I wished it would have been closer to 154, because I tried!

SO, now I have a fresh month, and a fresh new commitment to ACTUALLY lose weight this month. But if not, I'm feeling healthy, I'm feeling strong, and maybe that matters more than reaching a goal weight. (but I really really really want to be able to reach and maintain that weight, so I'm pretty much just trying to make myself feel a little better, oh well)

No comments: