Monday, September 28, 2009

Energy and the Lack Thereof

One of Life's Perfect Storms seems to have hit me. I have been working more than usually- twice as much in fact. I had some knee pain while running a few weeks ago, that combined with the fact that I had just finished a period and was extremely tired, and so I "Allowed" myself to rest. I say "allowed" because I think I would have been fine, maybe even had more energy, if I had just kept exercising, but I talked myself into resting...I think that was a mistake.

So for the past two weeks, I haven't done much. I haven't really tracked my eating, I haven't exercised at all. And now I am starting all over again. I hope that this is a fluke and not an ongoing problem. But this blog will help me see if it is.

The one bright side is that I have been able to maintain my weight over these past two weeks. Even though I wasn't physically tracking my food intake, I have made better food choices and have been able to keep a mental tally of my daily calories. So yes the Perfect Storm hit, but my dreams have not been destroyed.

No comments: