Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 3

So I figured we would start counting weeks again. Let's see how many weeks it takes for me to 1- got down to my pre-baby weight (183.4) and 2- to get down to my goal weight, which we will say right now is 145- it may change once I get closer but that is what it will be for now.

So here goes.

Last weigh in- 196.6
This Week- 187.4
__________________
Total Lost- 9.2 Pounds

I think it has been 2 weeks or so, and I have lost another 9.2 pounds. For the first week I really didn't do anything other than try my best to stay alive. Having a new baby doesn't really threaten your life, unless you go driving around while completely sleep deprived, which I haven't done. But sleep deprivation does seem to be a good diet, your body has to work overtime and it must burn calories, I make this assumption because most of this weight loss occurred last week.

I realized that my weight loss was slowing down a bit, and that I was getting a little more sleep and had some extra energy and so I decided it was time to start walking again. I put together the new double stroller and the past 3 days I have had at least a little bit of a walk, a little exercise, outside. Hopefully we will walk a little faster and a little farther each day.

For now I am pretty happy. I have 4 more pounds to loose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Yesterday, my Sister told me that she was jealous of me. This made me laugh. I reminded her that I may have gained less than she and I typically do during pregnancy and as such lost it more quickly, but I am still at least 40 pounds overweight and so I still had a long road ahead of me. The good news is, I have renewed desire to make sure I get healthy and lose the weight. Five years from now I want to be able to write a blog post about how I am NOT a Diabetic. I hope to write another post like that 10 years form now too. I feel like I have been given the tools to make the necessary changes and the opportunity to make those changes as well. Now I just have do do it.

No comments: