Monday, July 20, 2009

The Awful Truth

So here it is- this morning I weighed 196.4 pounds. This makes me sad because on Saturday I weighed 194.2…. what did I eat!?!

I know exactly what I ate, Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast, a whole lot of pasta salad and watermelon at dinner, and too many bites of chocolate cake. I hope I learned my lesson, I also hope that much of that 2.2 pounds is watermelon trying to work its way out of my system, I know that is really a dumb thing to hope for, but it gets me by. The sad part is, I really have nothing and no one to blame but myself.

I will say that I am mad at the human body, my body specifically. What gives it the right to fluctuate its weight so wildly within just a days or even few hours. This must be why they say only to weigh yourself only once per week, or every two weeks or a month. So, because I don’t want to cry, and I can prevent myself from the agony of seeing myself go up and down 1-2 pounds per day, I am making a rule. I will only weigh myself on Monday Mornings.

No comments: