Monday, November 30, 2009

Determination

It was Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. I love the Turkey and the Potatoes and I also love the Desserts. I was worried that this would be a bad week but I was determined to do something about it. I set a goal to get at least 5 workouts in per week and I decided that Thanksgiving Day was not a day to take a break and so not only did I work out that day, but I did extra. I was hoping to burn 1000 calories, but as I got to 550 calories I was thinking that 750 sounded good and then as I passed 99 minutes on the treadmill I discovered something. My treadmill will only let you work out for 99min and 59 seconds, after that it shuts down. Sure I could have started it up again, but then I would probably have to do math and add my two caloric burn totals together and it was a holiday after all, so I was happy with the 680 calories.

Well my determination paid off, because I actually lost weight this week! YEAH! Proof that if you count your calories and burn calories, eventually, you will loose weight.

Part of me wonders if switching my workouts, from running to walking, gave my body a little bit of a shock, allowing it to start losing again. Whatever happened, I am happy! Just 40-45 more pounds to go!

No comments: