Monday, November 23, 2009

Time for a Change

A Change of Shoes....and maybe more.
So it has been a while. I have been slightly ashamed at my lack of weight loss. Things started to look up a couple of weeks ago when my Brother in Law offered to be my Weight Loss Buddy. We are friends on Facebook and we have told each other our goals and follow up with each other, anytime we work out we type each other a little message. Both of us have felt the need to work out so that we wouldn't have to tell each other that we didn't.....and also so that we could be congratulated by our buddy for the good work we did. During the first week I rediscovered my new found love- yes love- of running. It feels good....that is until it doesn't. My knee started to hurt, then the hurt went away and then it came back. I have no idea what caused it but it worries me. So I have asked a lot of questions of my friends and family and I have come up with a plan.

It seems that running shoes wear out on the inside long before they wear out on the outside. And running in shoes that have been worn too much can cause your knees to hurt. So I am going to purchase some New Shoes.

I am also going to walk for a few weeks instead of run. I was a little mad about this for a while because running burns calories quicker than walking- and when workout time has to coincide with my little boys nap time I need the quickest workout I can find. I was happily enjoying 90 minutes of walking/running and burning 750+ calories. I decided that I would set the goal to burn 500 per day that I am able to work out, which is hopefully 5 days per week. Today I was able to walk, with the treadmill on an incline of 1, for 82 minutes and I burned 500 calories. This makes me happy because this can be done during nap time. And if nap time doesn't happen I am blessed to have a Sweet Husband who will watch the non napper after he gets home so that I can get a workout it.

I am also working hard to count my calories. I use My Plate on Livestrong.com and boy is it helpful. Hopefully if I burn 2500 calories per week through workouts and can stick to a 1600 calorie per day diet, I will start to lose weight again.

I am tired of maintaining and gaining, I am ready to lose and I think that my body might be too.... here's to hoping!

No comments: