Monday, August 31, 2009

Frustrations and Triumphs

I guess I didn't try hard enough last week, I had a couple of days when I didn't eat enough and a couple of days when I ate too much. So I guess it makes total sense that I gained more than half a pound (really not too much) because my body thought it was starving and then the next day I gave it extra and so it saved everything it could. I will do better this week, and hopefully, I will finally break the 190 barrier, if I don't I think I will cry.
On a different note, I did something amazing this week. I ran a 5k on Saturday, and I ran the entire race, no walking. We arrived at the race location at 7:30, and as I got out of the car I realized that I didn't have my Ipod, I was a little scared because I had trained with the Ipod, specifically with songs that would help me keep my pace. I had been running the course for 2 weeks and I had yet to finish without walking. I was very comfortable running at about a 4.3 mph pace and I was sure I would be able to run the entire race......until I lost the Ipod. I have a pretty good memory for music and so as I started I just sang the songs to myself, eventually I felt like I had the beat/pace down pretty well and I felt really good running. I finished in 41 min 45 seconds. The course is actually 3.5 miles long and I did the math after I got home, I ran close to a 5 mph pace! I was amazed. When I went out to run this morning I chose a new song, one with a faster beat and sure enough my first mile was exactly 12 minutes, which for me is great.

So this week was a week of Triumphs and Frustrations. I can deal with that. I am going to beat this plateau in weight and continue on my quest for health and weight loss. I am going to be fine, even if I do end up crying a little.

No comments: