Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not too Shabby

We went on vacation, and I didn't let it all go by the wayside. Yes I did eat way too many treats while I spent 13 or 14 hours in the car, and I did enjoy myself at the yummy buffet at the Family party on Sunday afternoon, but I also exercised each day. And in the end I was able to pretty much maintain my weight, gaining just 1 pound, it could have been much much worse. I am pleased with this past week.

Vacations are hard for those of us who are trying to lose weight, mostly because you are not at home. You are in someone elses house, with their food and their secret snacks (got to love the giant bag of M&M's in the cupboard) . And of course, at parties, there are the deserts, so many yummy deserts, and I did have a few of those.

On Friday and Monday I spent 40 minutes walking with our friend and host for the trip. On Saturday I tried to run my very own 5k. I say tried to run because I picked a pretty hilly route and didn't quite make it up each hill, but once I got to the top I would start running again. I also didn't quite get the distance right, either that or I ran really fast, finishing the 5k 8 minutes faster than I ever have before...yeah, I probably just got the distance wrong, I don't think I can run that fast.

But all in all, I am happy. I could have easily gained 5 pounds. Now that we are home I am starting to really focus on preparing for a real 5k at the end of the month, and I also and happy to be able to use the Daily Plate on livestrong.com. I have high hopes for next weeks weigh in.

No comments: