Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 42

Last Week- 161.2
This Week- 159.8
________________
Total Lost- 1.4 Pounds!

See that? 159.8......I am so pleased with that. Below 160- I know it is only .2 pounds below but hey, it's below! Now I have some decisions to make. Should I take a few weeks and see what happens when I try to maintain my weight loss. Maintenance kind of scares me. What happens if I start eating the "Normal" amount of calories and I start gaining weight? That would be completely UNFAIR! So here is my dilemma. I have read that you should lose 10% of your body weight and then maintain, then 10% then maintain, then 10% etc, until you reach your goal weight. But I also know that there are plenty of people who do weight watchers, and that kind of thing, who just go for the goal, you have to keep paying until you reach your goal so you don't stop until you get there. I am not sure what I should do. I am doing well, so I am a little worried that if I stop I won't be able to get started again. But I also think that giving myself an opportunity to practice maintenance would be a good thing. I will think about that on my run today.

Speaking of running, I have races for the rest of the year all planned out. In June I am going to run in the Blood Run, it is a race that benefits the Utah Hemophilia Foundation. Then in August I am going to run the South Valley Half Marathon. In October I am going to run the Love Your Body 10k- it's an all Women's race and on Thanksgiving I want to run the Human Race again- I am not sure if that one will be the 10k or the 5k. I am excited to have all these races to keep me going.

No comments: